Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Laptop Dilemma on Specifications

I bought a laptop yesterday together with my girlfriend and had a dilemma on what processor to buy. In the end, we settled for an AMD Turion X2.

I thought hard on what to buy but became intrigued with the 3 processors presented to me. It was explained that Core 2 Duo is intended for heavy users that do multi-tasking. Dual Core is much like the same but a lower version of the Core2, and same goes with AMD Turion.

We [my girlfriend and I] have settled that since she would just do gaming, I suggested that we go for the Turion for the reason that the bundle laptop came with a dedicated onboard Graphics card which is ATI 3200. I have a laptop on my own but only have the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator which really does not compliment my expectations. If I could turned back the time on that day, I would choose, or include an ATI graphics card or a GForce card for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment